Danny Wallace has friends. He has a wife and goes to brunch, and his new house has a couch with throw pillows. But as he nears 30, he can’t help wondering about his best childhood friends, whose names he finds in a long-forgotten address book. Where are they now-and where, really, is he? Acting on an impulse we’ve all had at least once, he travels from London to Berlin, Tokyo, Australia, and California, risking rejection and ridicule to show up on his old pals’ doorsteps. Memories of his 1980s childhood-from Michael Jackson to Ghostbusters-overwhelm him as he meets former buddies who have blossomed into rappers and ninjas, time-traveling pioneers, mediocre restaurant managers, and even Fijian royalty. Danny’s attempt to re-befriend them all gives remarkable new resonance to the age-old mantra, “friends forever!”
List Price: $ 24.99
- Note Pad with 60 convenient and useful sheets
- Note Pad is 6 x 9-inches
- Your love life is all too important to leave to the mercy of arbitrary impressions, use this pad to navigate the date world with confidence
- Perfect for speed daters – and slow ones too
- Knock Knock creates original, authentic, noncynical products for the impish, the dapper, the droll, the young-at-heart, and those who prefer the humor of the truth to false feel-good affirmations
Your love life is all too important to leave to the mercy of arbitrary impressions; the most successful daters know to chronicle the details of their hits and misses-rendering false hope a thing of the past. With this pad, you’ll soon navigate the dating world with confidence and-more importantly-precision. Rate-a-Date Note Pad is 6 x 9-inches, 60 sheets with adhesive binding.
List Price: $ 8.00
- ISBN13: 9781583332863
- Condition: USED – Very Good
- Notes: BUY WITH CONFIDENCE, Over one million books sold! 98% Positive feedback. Compare our books, prices and service to the competition. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
More and more women are choosing not to let being single stand in the way of becoming a mom. In this honest and often hilarious guide, Louise Sloan shares the details of her own funny and heartbreaking journey to single motherhood-including cyberstalking an anonymous sperm donor, dealing with exploding semen vials, and being mistaken for a horse breeder-as well as the experiences of many other women across the country. Knock Yourself Up offers an inside look at the logistical and legal processes of opting for single motherhood, drawing on the personal stories of women who have done it. Addressing a range of topics such as coping with loneliness, financial struggles, complex reactions of family members, and more, Knock Yourself Up covers the emotional and practical issues and provides the kind of intimate answers you won’t find anywhere else to questions like:
– When is the right time to decide to have a baby alone? – How do I choose the right sperm? – Is this fair to the kid? – How do I tell my parents? – How do I tell my dates? – What’s it like to be pregnant on your own? – If I do this, will I ever have sex-or a life-again?
Informative and entertaining, Knock Yourself Up is a fun-to-read, up-to-date guide for any woman who is considering taking the baby plunge, with inspiring stories from women who have created happy families on their own.
Rating: (out of 18 reviews)
List Price: $ 15.95