How to be a relationship/marriage therapist?

Question by blamp: How to be a relationship/marriage therapist?
I am considering a career as a relationship/marriage expert, and I want to figure out the best course of action to do so. I assume that a Bachelor’s degree in psychology would be the first step, but don’t know where to go from there. I know that in order to be a practicing psychologist, usually at least a Masters is required, but would like some help figuring all of this out. If someone could give me the course of action that they think is best for me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks ahead of time!

Best answer:

Answer by thekid
I don’t think you would want to major in psychology to be that kind of therapist but rather you should major in sociology.

“The study of human social behavior, especially the study of the origins, organization, institutions, and development of human society.”

The reason i suggest this because of sociology’s study of “human social behavior” which is exactly what relationships/marriages are.

Add your own answer in the comments!